Home Breaking News Downtown mainstay comes down in Murfreesboro

Downtown mainstay comes down in Murfreesboro

1656
0
SHARE
The former Ward’s Garage & Machine Shop building on North Washington in Murfreesboro is currently being removed to make room for parking and possibly a new business venture, according to the building’s owner Greg Martin, who owns Em’s Cafe next door. Construction on the building started in June of 1946, according to Lemuel Ward, who built and opened the business with his father, Grady, in March of 1947. Grady Ward passed away in 1976, but Lemuel continued to operate the business until 1993. The building has since housed another machine shop and two welding and service centers before Martin purchased the building last year. Leader photo/JOHN BALCH